To make the most out of your candle (and keep your house in one piece), these quick tips are a must-read. You will also find a summary of these instructions on the base of the gift box.
- Allow time for the wax to melt to the edge of the jar (1.5 hours for the 45 hour jar, 2.5 hours for the 85 hour jar.) No-one likes their wax to tunnel!
- Avoid touching the candle jar whilst lit – it will get quite hot.
- Keep the candle well out of reach of little hands and paws – but always keep an eye on it.
- Try not to let the candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time, this prevents the jar from overheating.
- Give the tip of the wick a trim before each use. If not – the extra length of the wick will fold back into the liquid wax, making it impossible to light next time!
- Keep away from direct sunlight to prevent the wax from sweating (including inside your car.)
- When unused, store your candle in a cool, dark location. Using the gift box will avoid a dusty surface forming across the wax.
- Discontinue using your candle when roughly 10mm of wax remains at the bottom. You can test this by pricking something into the wax to measure the balance.
- Wash your jar with warm, soapy water and it will be good as new for repurposing. For future use, your jar is dishwasher safe too – we do NOT recommend putting your jar through the dishwasher without a thorough clean first due to the risk of soy wax clogging.
Your candle has a lifespan of 5 years if cared for and stored correctly.
Here’s to sparking your rest now and into the future!